Saturday, October 27, 2007

Default Profile Changes in 11g.. Upgrade issue and Make A Wish...

A possible upgrade issue when you upgrade to Oracle Database 11g will be a change to the default profile setting for password_life_time. This parameter used to default to unlimited. In Oracle Database 11g it now defaults to a value of 180. The implication is that after your 11g upgrade, passwords will start expiring. You will want to be prepared for that and either change this default setting or prepare to deal with it's implications.

You will note the addition of the Make a Wish Foundation to my blog. Next to my church, this is my favorite charity. I hope you will join me in supporting the Make A Wish Foundation. I think they do fantastic things for children who are are going through very tough experiences.

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader