Sunday, August 28, 2011

Change...

Heraclitus was a philosopher who lived about 500 years before Christ. He was big on the idea of Change being the a central part of the universe (the only constant is change). Right now my life is full of change and it's an interesting experience.

The technology world is full of change of course. It is truly a constant in our lives and I've often talked to non-technology people (and a few who are in the field) that are amazed at the change, and our ability to adapt. Adaption is truly the key.

My life in the last year has been one of major change. Some of it has been some of the worst change imaginable, and some of it has been very positive. Right now my personal life is in a state of a great amount of change, with relationships changing, kids moving to college, getting married, and so on. Some people cope well with change and some do not. I like to think I'm among those that do. Still change, even good change, is a source of stress and one needs to make sure that perspective is maintained during change. One also needs to maintain a sense of self during change and try to maintain a sense of self.

Right now, I'm going through the start of a divorce and my last child has headed to school. Both are changes that impact me deeply on many different levels. The divorce is peaceful and agreeable as such things go... though it's still deeply painful for us both I think we both can be proud of how we have approached the whole thing.

Lizzie, my youngest at 18, is amazing and doing well as she begins her college career. So now, the house is doubly empty, doubly quiet. In the wee small hours of the morning indeed....

Yet life goes on and so shall we all.... There is so much to be thankful for and so much that life gives us that we need to appreciate. God have given us a wonderful life here on this planet and it's up to us to make the best of it. :)

Now..... back to thinking about my next Oracle related post...

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader