Monday, April 20, 2009

How many licks does it take...?

The Oracle 11g OCP exam Beta is kind of making me think of the old cartoon where the kid asks around "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop". The idea is that it takes a LOT of licks, and that nobody could ever really be that patient. In the end, an Owl takes a few licks and CHOMPS on the thing, insisting that it only takes so many licks. Here is the video of the commercial.

You might ask, what does this have to do with Oracle? Well, it has something to do with the Oracle 11g OCP exam (1Z0-053) that has been in beta for a looong time. We are talking ages! If you look on Oracle's Beta web site it says that the dates for the exam are: April 12, 2008 to June 30, 2009..... I don't remember a beta taking so long!!

I'm presenting a University Semenar at Collaborate on the 11g OCP exam called the 11g OCP Exam Cram. When I submitted the abstract for the semenar, I figured that the beta would be over. But nooooo.... Of course the topic areas will probably remain the same, but I just think it's silly to have a beta exam that runs over a year.

When I wrote my new OCP Exam Preperation book for this test, I figured it would be out of beta by the time the book went to press. Not So!!

Wonder if they are waiting for something big with that June date.... hmmmmmmmm.....

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader