Saturday, March 22, 2008

Collaborate commith and Battlestar Galactica - I'm depressed!

Has it really been almost a month since I've done an update on this blog!?!?!? Wow. Well I've been busy getting over my foot killing me, then the flu and now my knee is killing me. I swear, I'm falling apart!!

I'm also busy preparing for Collaborate '08. I'm doing a University session on Oracle Database 11g New Features. If you have not signed up yet, now is the time!! In the session I will be talking about upgrading to 11g, and highlighting and demonstrating a number of the new features out there. The University sessions are not that expensive and this session will be a great way to get some exposure to 11g!

However, I must confess that I'm a bit depressed about it all too. One of my passions of late is Battlestar Galactica and it's music. I love the music that Bear McCreary does for the series (as poor Lisa can attest too). Bear does a concert every year, playing the music from the series live.. I wanted to goto this thing last year but could not. I just noticed that he has setup this years concert on April 13th... which is the day I'll be in Denver doing my University session. WHAAAAAHHHHH!!! Maybe I can go next year.

Bears music is a great combination of in your face raw music and lighter, sit down and relax music. If you get an opportunity to listen to the soundtrack of season 3 of Battlestar you will not be disappointed. Here is an example that is on YouTube right now... It's called Prelude to War and it's one of my favorites.






Finally, we are doing the annual on 7598U right now. I'm going to goto the airport and take some pictures of the bird now that she's all opened up. I'll post those shortly.

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader