Friday, November 16, 2007

Back from OOW!!

I'm back from OOW in San Fransisco. Had a great time, went to some good sessions and saw some long time friends. I also realized that it's been forever since I posted anything on my blog!

I'll put together something 11g related this weekend for those of you who (rightly) feel I've just fallen off the blog band wagon. I think once I got the 11g New Features book done (it's now available on Amazon) I just took a writing break.

I'm off to Ottawa in a couple of weeks to teach a one day APEX class for the IOUG. I've never been there and I'm looking forward to it. One thing I'd like to know though is if the Coke company is still selling the Coke C2 product up there? I've heard it's still available in Canada. They quit selling the stuff here in the states much to my irritation. Anyway, if you live in the Ottawa area and if you know if they still sell C2 and where I might get my hands on some, please drop me a line and let me know. I love the stuff!!!

Finally.... I can't figure this out. Is there anyone out there that does not know what that little "fasten seat belt" sign is for on an airplane? I am constantly amazed how people will unbuckle the seat belt about 3 minutes after take-off to goto the bathroom. Now, I sympathize with the need to goto the bathroom, but really.... the seat belt sign is there for a reason. Particularity at lower altitudes inside the confines of Class B airspace, STAY IN YOUR SEAT!! It also irritates me to see parents let kids get up and run around when the seat belt sign is lit. What is it with parents? Control your kids and teach them discipline! As a pilot I can tell you that just because the air seems to be smooth and it looks nice outside, that is no guarantee that nastiness is not far away. Only your pilot has the information available to determine the potential risk that awaits you (and even there, the information available can be weak). You have not lived until you have encountered CAT (Clear Air Turblance) with a 1500FPM drop. Trust me, if you are not belted in something like that you will find your body laid flat on the ceiling and then the floor after the plane has recovered.

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader