Thursday, September 25, 2014

Our principles vs. our reactions - Part One of my "It can happen to you" series.

This article is the first in a series that I want to address a number of issues that concern me. There are a number of issues that might, at first, seem unrelated, but as you will see - in the end they all come together to form a real risk.

While many people will shy away once an article starts talking about your rights, or your freedoms, I beg of you not to shy away from reading what I have to say. I'm not going to propose some wild conspiracy theroy. I'm not going to try to say that the government is trying to control us. I'm not going to say (in most cases) that there is evil afoot. I am not proposing that the end is near and that the things I am pointing out are a sign of the times.

I simply want to point out things that have and are happening that puts you at risk.

The problem is not one thing, but many things (or a confluence if you will) that have and are happening that are resulting in more people, innocent people in many cases I believe, into prisons. This is a problem that can impact anyone - even you.
  
The problems I'll discuss are ones that have arisen as a result of human nature and attempts to respond to real and important problems - but in having done so the responses have caused a number of unintended consequences to happen resulting in things that not right.

Finally, these problems are also ones with deep emotional ties. As such, people have a hard time addressing them without emotion. Because of the emotional nature of these issues, there have been knee jerk responses at all levels of the government, and even with various groups of people and individuals.

So, what this post is about are real problems, that are happening now. They are impacting people now, and I'll bet they have impacted some people you know already. If they have not - then they will.

No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader